My name is Kip and I live in California. I wanted to invest in California near where I live but I couldn't find decent properties that would cash flow. Every deal that I looked at would have lost me money. Since I want my investments to pay me and not the other way around I decided to look out of state.
Because most people believe "you need to invest within 30 minutes of where you live" there isn't a lot of information out there about investing out of state.
So, I decided to set up this website to help people in the same boat I was in. The purpose of the site is to help people who want to invest out of state learn from my experiences which will hopefully save them a lot of hassle and money.
Where do I invest? Currently I invest in Indianapolis. I looked at many cities before I decided on Indianapolis. The reasons I chose Indianapolis are:
- Cheap Properties Available
- Stable Population and Expected Increase in Growth
- Expected Job Growth of almost 15% over the next 10 years
- Low Cost of Living which makes it attractive to employers
- Steady appreciation of housing prices, not the wild out of control price appreciation that California and other states experienced
- Progressive city that does a lot to revitalize neighborhoods and housing
- Easy Access by Plane
- Good Management Companies
- Named the Most Affordable City for Housing in the US by Forbes
- Rated the #2 Best Metro for Real Estate Investor's by CNN/Moody's
Got questions? Let me know. If I can help answer any questions you have I will be glad to. firstname.lastname@example.org